- Ideal for casual or business users who want internet connectivity and office applications but who don’t want to take an expensive or large device on their travels.
- There’s no other product on the market that offers anytime, anywhere internet connectivity without costly, long term contracts or subscriptions, the new UbiSurfer9 3G Netbook Brings Fast, Free Internet Connectivity straight out of the box!
April 7, 2011
, London, UK: Datawind has today unveiled its latest mobile internet device, the UbiSurfer9 3G, offering users free Internet access in the UK and low cost roaming in Europe and USA. Priced at only £179.99 the UbiSurfer9-3G includes one years’* free 3G internet access across DataWind’s acceleration servers, and open-access at £9.99 per GB. Additional connectivity features include an embedded WiFi modem that allows you unlimited connectivity when within reach of a wireless network. Users are assured of ‘out-of-the-box’ internet access no matter where they are in the UK.
Using Datawind’s patented technology, the UbiSurfer9 3G can deliver web pages at broadband speeds anytime and anywhere for free. Users can also watch streaming video content, or download files using open-access, independent of DataWind’s acceleration servers.
The UbiSurfer9 3G has a sleek nine-inch screen and weighs in at just 700g, its free-usage model eliminates any form of binding contracts, activation fees or credit checks. It’s the perfect technology companion for people who want to work or connect to the internet while out and about.
Included in the £179.99 price is a years’ mobile/3G internet connectivity from within the UK, and for those travelling further afield, the Datawind UbiSurfer9 3G package offers low cost roaming at £0.05p/min in Europe and the USA!
Suneet S. Tuli, CEO of Datawind commented, “The UbiSurfer9 3G package has been designed to appeal to those who want a lightweight travel device with instant internet connectivity at an affordable price. Like our previous models, the UbiSurfer9 3G features our patented technology that loads internet pages at ultra fast speeds – a must for people on the move.”
Pricing and availability
The UbiSurfer9 3G is priced at £179.99 and is being launched by Ideal World online as well as Ideal World home shopping channel (Sky 644 | Freeview 22 | Virgin 747 | Freesat 812) on April 7, 2011 as part of its Birthday Weekend Event.
- Basic internet access using DataWind’s acceleration servers is included for the first year, and requires no additional fees.
- Users can opt for open-access for an additional £9.99 per GB.
- 5p per minute roaming charges occur when using in Europe or USA
- Basic usage for the second year would cost a maximum of £29.99 (12 months).
Technical points and features for the UbiSurfer9 3G include:
- UMTS cellular modem with Embedded SIM Wireless LAN WiFi IEEE 802.11 b/g
- 10 second boot up / Instant Applications launched
- Pre-loaded SoftMaker Office Suite, lets customers open, edit, and save Microsoft
Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files, directly and without conversion, retaining all the
functions, and contents of the original Office files.
- Full suite of software, including games and a media player
- Push-push SD card reader
- 9” TFT widescreen display - 800 x 480 pixel resolution
- QWERTY keyboard and ergonomic touchpad (powered by an ARM processor)
- Dual speaker system / Stereo earphone jack
- Four hours battery life
- Additional Applications: Email Client, Media Player, YouTube, PDF Viewer
* first years’ costs are included in purchase price.
About Datawind – www.datawind.com
Datawind is a leading provider of wireless web access products and services. Based on several international patents, Datawind’s breakthrough technologies solve the bandwidth limitations of cellular networks by accelerating content delivery by factors of 10x to 30x. Based in London, Datawind also has offices in Montreal, Canada.